The elephant, Who Is Hotel’s Unexpected Guest He Wandered Around A Five-star Hotel
A wild elephant was caught on camera breaking into a five-star hotel and overturning furniture with his trunk. Natta Kota, a Sri Lankan elephant, has become a familiar visitor to Jetwing Yala Hotel and stays on the premises.
Twitter user Upili, who shared the clip, wrote on Twitter: ‘Woke up to a text from my mom about how a wild elephant went into a Sri Lankan hotel and gently wandered around while poking stuff with his trunk.’
The elephant is seen standing at the foot of the stairs before walking through a living room. The wild animal, with its head barely brushing the ceiling, approaches a row of lobby chairs. Natta then strolls across to another part of the five-star hotel. He waves his trunk in the air and uses it to move a light, which he then forces to smash on the floor. He considers doing the same thing for another lamp before deciding against it and departing. The clip has 2.5 million views and 153 likes.
Some viewers have taken to Twitter to share their witty responses to the bizarre incident.
Silveira wrote: ‘Now let’s talk about the elephant in the room.’
Meanwhile, Christina Murphy was quick to defend the wild animal for knocking over the light.
She said: ‘Aw you know he felt bad about knocking that lamp over. It’s ok Mr. Elephant, we know you didn’t mean to.’
The elephant was seen in the video, which the hotel published online in 2017. According to the hotel, Natta was most likely roaming around on the premises. However, this was the first time it had entered the hotel. They warned: ‘Please note that though he is a regular visitor to our hotels, Natta Kota is still very much a wild elephant and we at Jetwing would have him remain as such.
9 amazing elephant facts
1.The largest land animal in the world: Elephants are the largest land animals in the world today alive. Male African elephants can grow up to 3m tall and weigh between 4,000 and 7,500 kg. Asian elephants are smaller, about 2.7m tall and weigh from 3,000 to 6,000 kg.
2.Elephant trunk is extremely flexible: Although it can weigh more than 180 kg, the trunk is extremely flexible in all activities. They can both break branches and even pick up a grain of rice!
3. Recognize yourself in the mirror: Due to the same self-awareness as humans, elephants are among the few animals able to recognize themselves in a mirror.
4. Elephants are afraid of bees: It’s strange that the largest animal on land is afraid of an insect as small as a bee, but this is the truth. Therefore, many farmers also use bees to prevent elephants from invading their crops.
5. Can spend from 12-18 hours a day to eat: This amazing mammal can spend 12 to 18 hours a day eating. In the wild, they are constantly searching for roots, small trees, bamboo, grass and any other edible plants. Elephants use their long trunks to smell food and lift it to their mouths.
6. Dispose of up to 1 ton of manure per week: Eating a lot means that this animal can produce a huge amount of waste: on average each elephant can excrete 1 ton of feces per week.
7. Elephants live long, can give birth to 50 years old and become pregnant for 22 months: Elephants are slow-growing, long-lived mammals capable of surviving up to 70 years in the wild. In addition, their gestation period is the longest of any mammal, up to 22 months. Elephants can give birth until they are 50 years old.
8. Create your own sunscreen: Elephants have created their very own sunscreen. After bathing in rivers or swamps, they will put mud and sand on their bodies to protect their skin from the hot sun.
9. Extremely affectionate: Elephants are extremely emotional creatures, they even express grief over the loss of family members. They care about each other and often greet each other by “hugging” the faucet.